Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Year in Review

2014 has been a good one! I'll admit that I'm glad that it has come to an end and that 2015 is just around the corner. One thing I love about the new year is not only setting new goals for myself, but also looking back at all I've accomplished and done throughout the year.....

2014.....

*I went to college! I moved to Rexburg, Idaho and attended school at BYU-Idaho for two semesters as a music education major on flute.
*I gained three lovely new friends (aka roommates). Angie, Rachel and Isabel.
*I learned college was A LOT harder than high school.
*I learned that living on your own was HARD.
*I learned a lot about myself and the type of woman I want to become.
*I learned that winter in Rexburg is miserable.


*I learned that flute players are crazy competitive and that "everything is a competition".
*I learned that I still had a TON to know about playing the flute.
*I learned that band tours in college aren't as fun as high school band tours.


*I learned what kind of people I want in my life.
*I learned that I didn't want to be in Idaho anymore.
*I learned that you should listen to the spirit the first time around.


*I lost almost 100 pounds and realized that life is great when you're being healthier.
*I started running and was able to run two miles straight (this is a lot......)
*I realized how much I truly loved every single member of my crazy family.


*I learned that I love Utah and I shouldn't try to get away from it.
*I started my second season of staffing at Westlake High School. Our show was entitled 'The Witch and the Saint.'


*I realized that I LOVE Hawaii. Oh. And the men there.

Overall, 2014 was a pretty tough years. I struggled throughout the entire year with things I haven't struggled with, but also gained a new confidence and love for life that I've never even seen before. 2015 couldn't come sooner and I'm already waiting for what awaits me.


2015....

Hopefully making my goals public helps me to accomplish them better. I always start out doing well on my goals but end up really slacking after just a few short weeks.

Goal number one.... accomplish every goal I have set for 2015.
2. Read my scriptures for at least ten minutes a day.
3. Finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.
4. Exercise six days a week for at least 30 minutes.
5. Go to the temple at least twice a month.
6. Pay a completely full tithe.
7. Run a 5k.
8. Reach my goal weight.
9. Eat less sugar.
10. Be more social.
11. Save money like crazy.
12. Practice patience.
13. Continue with my health blog.
14. De-clutter and live a more organized life.

As you can see they're pretty broad goals... but they're goals and habits that I want to develop sooner rather than later. It might be difficult to accomplish, but boy will it make a great year for me. I'm also looking forward to moving out in just a few short weeks as well as starting school at UVU in the fall.

Here's to a great new start......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!!