Sunday, September 21, 2014

Quoters

There have been multiple occasions and experiences I've been through where I've thought "Huh, I have a quote for this!!"

One quote in particular I've loved ever since the moment I read it is this: "However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don't have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement shines." Jeffrey R. Holland

This is something I have a huge testimony about. I know that no matter how far we've gone off the path, that we can return. We all slip up and find ourselves wandering from the path. Some realize they've strayed sooner than others, returning quickly. Others, wander so far off they feel as though there is absolutely no way they can return. The road to return is too long, too hard, etc. I testify, that while that long journey back home may be long and hard, it's never too late to return. Like Jeffrey R. Holland said, it is not possible for us to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement.

"The tests and trials of our lives are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience. In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and that all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones we needed, and conquering them will bring blessings we could have received in no other way." Jeffrey R. Holland.

I love this quote too (I just love Jeffrey R. Holland......). I love how all of the things we have gone through and will go through in this life are specially tailored to help each of us grow and blossom into the wonderful sons and daughters that we and our Heavenly Father desires for us to be. I know, that the things I've gone through in my life have made me into the woman that I am today, and I wouldn't go back and change anything. I'm proud of the things I've gone through and the person I've become. And so should you be.

"There are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were-better than what we were, more understanding than what we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before." Thomas S. Monson

We're human. We screw up. That's what we do. It's the most frustrating in the world to have regret for something you've done and to feel guilt. Most of the times we kick ourselves wondering how we could have been so stupid to make some of the mistakes we have. But I know that we have the ability to change and to become someone even stronger than we were before. I know the Lord is here for us. He loves each and every one of us so much. We can change. We can become who He wants us to be, no matter how far we've traveled off the right path.

I love this gospel. It brings so much joy into my life. I'm so thankful I'm able to live with my family for time and all eternity, I'm one lucky chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!!