Tuesday, August 4, 2015

band camp 2015

Another parade season has come and gone. The kids did great this year.


Flutes at the Draper Parade
[Emily, Kenzie, Me, Talia, Breanna, Annalise, Sara, Ravyn, Whitney, Autumn, Kayla, Holly]


Waiting for the parade to begin.
[Kenzie, Annalise, Autumn, Holly, Breanna, Talia, Me]


We were at practice and I told the girls: "Thou shalt not mark time like Talia." Obviously they ended up creating more commandments - #4 ended up being "Though shalt honor Cambri" (I know - it's terrible). Hence the picture :).


Callie left for her mission to Nagoya, Japan! It's been so crazy watching her prepare to serve her mission in such a short amount of time. In just a few weeks, EmmaLee leaves for Indiana. I'm thankful I have such amazing friends that are such great examples to me - each and every single one of them blesses my life in their own special way.
[Kayla, Callie, Me, EmmaLee]


This beautiful girl got her mission call to Toronto, Canada Spanish speaking!! I had the opportunity to work with and teach Sharie for two years at Westlake.... she was my section leader and did a phenomenal job. I can't wait to hear about all the amazing things she'll do while she's serving the Lord.
[Sharie & I]


All the band kids. :)


BaNd CaMp!!
Day #1: Disney Day
[Me, Megan, Kylie, Mary]


Day #2: Around the World
Flute Kabobs
[Mango, Mangaba, Huckleberry, Watermelon, Emblic, Dragon Fruit, Coconut, Sapodilla, Ackee, Banana, Kiwi, Thimbleberry, Annatto, Shikuasa, Cantaloupe, Key Lime]



Day #3: Decades
[Emily, Cambri, Kaylee, Talia, Kenzie, Autumn]



Day #4: Section look - a - like
[Megan, Me, Mary]



The flutes dressed up as Granny Cambri's - to make fun of my bad back.


Day #5
I looked down at their feet during sectionals and burst out laughing. Of course we had to take a picture of our hot tan lines.

Working with the kids and staff at Westlake has been a complete honor!! I have loved every minute, experience, and opportunity that I have with these amazing people. I have learned and grown in ways I didn't know I ever would.... I've gained friendships that I hope will last forever. Here's to another amazing season with the Westlake Thunder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!!